Saturday, November 14, 2015

Knowing God by Name

 
God.
What does that name mean to you?
How do you see God?
 
 
There are so many names of God. But what do those names mean? Each name of God conveys something about who God is and it reveals something about His character.
 
One name I see that is common yet it does not get its full due of understand is Lord.
Lord means master.
When I call out Lord, I am calling for my master. But do I really see God as the master of my life? Because to say that God is the Lord of my life means that I fully relinquish control of my life to HIM. That means that I no longer try to control the situations and experiences I find myself in, instead calling on the Lord, my master, to intervene and provide direction.

So now I think back on the last 24 hours of my life. And in the last 24 hours, I see so many instances where the Lord, my master, was prodding me to do something and even gave me the exact words to say but I didn't listen out of fear of the outcome. I see an instance where the Lord was trying to guide not only my steps but my mouth and I did not obey. So I see that I have been disobedient to the Lord, my master, and in that disobedience I dealt with a boat load of strife and negative confrontation two things I seriously try to avoid at all costs. Yet ALL of this could have been avoided IF I had stopped and heeded the Lord, my master's, guidance.

The reason I am covering this is because this is what I've been studying in preparation for the new Knowing God by Name study that the Be Made Whole community will be starting on Monday 11/16/15.



And I want to invite you all to join me there.
There will be blog posts on www.wholemagazine.org in relation to the study as well as some posts here too. The study guide itself was emailed to registered members of Be Made Whole however the general public will be able to purchase a copy online as well soon (I'll come back here and update this post when the study guide is available for purchase).


Till next time!

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”

(Numbers 6:24-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...