Saturday, November 7, 2015

A new devotional!!

As an adult, how many of us have benefitted greatly from Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life?
 
I mean everyone, right? I remember my mom reading this book back in the late 90s, early 2000s then passing it along to my aunt so she could benefit from the book as well. And now here I am at least 15 years later, reading the same book and recommending it to my friends.
 
When a book is like that, that's when you know you've stumbled upon something transformational!
So imagine my joy when I get the option to read and review:
 
 
As a mom, I am overjoyed because Rick Warren's foundational teaching is now available to my children to read and understand. They won't have to wait until they are older and can understand the language and context to read the original book.
And let me tell you, our oldest daughter (who is now 8 years old) really enjoys the book. She's an avid reader (wonder where she gets that from, lol). And she loves to get her hands on anything that will help her understand God and her relationship with Him!
 
I love that the book is set up in the format of a daily devotional, meaning it is in bite sized chunks where each devotion is barely a page long. Long enough to get across knowledge, short enough not to bore children. I also like that the pages are not dated, which means we can pick up the book at any day of the year and start in from the first page if we wanted. We have a hardback copy, which I think is absolutely necessary in a house full of tiny hands.
 
I definitely recommend this to parents with curious readers who want to deepen their relationship with God. I recommend this to parents who want a devotional they can read over breakfast or dinner with the kiddos. A great addition to the family library. And definitely get the hardback so it lasts several years (a definite plus with three soon to be four children in this house ranging from 8 years old to 18 months old and a newborn coming in the spring).
 
 
 
{FYI: I received this book as a member of BookLookBloggers, in which I exchange free books for my honest opinion of the book!}


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.

Discovering God through the Arts

  Many of us are aware of classic artwork and cultural arts but rarely do we fully bridge the gap between these disciplines. The author cont...