Saturday, April 5, 2014

Am I pleasing in YOUR eyesight?

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14 NLT).

I absolutely love this verse! 

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart by pleasing to you, O LORD. When I read this verse I think of how our words need to match our heart. David is coming to God saying, Lord look at the words I say and my heart, are they pleasing in your eye sight?
The magnitude of that is awesome! 

Now think of yourself, can you confidently go to God and say Lord look at the words of mouth and what my heart meditates on, are they pleasing in YOUR sight? I know that as much as I want to say yes, there are many times when my heart nor my words would be pleasing to the Lord. There are days when I'm not living in the way I should be. I'll let anger, frustration or irritation get the best of me when I should meditate on God's Word so that God gets the best of me.

So how often do you rely on something else? The Lord is our rock and redeemer, He is the one we should run to when our hearts are troubled to meditate on His Word. 
Does this happen ALL the time, probably not. But the truth is that it needs to happen all the time. 
I am slowly learning that nothing is substitute God. Even if I don't think I am attempting to substitute something for HIM, that's exactly what I do when I turn to anything other than HIM when I am in need or troubled. I am no longer meditating on God when I do this.

This is what we do as a people. We have a hard day we turn to people. We want to be "happy" we turn to stuff. Our heart meditate on something different than the LORD. And while our words may profess HIM, our hearts will be far from HIM. We have to push our hearts close to GOD, it won't happen on its own. 


Lord am I pleasing in your eyesight? Are the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart pleasing to you? Do they glorify you? Do I give honor and glory to in EVERYTHING I do? 
If I do not, wreck my heart, rip out anything that does not please YOU! Wash my mouth and put YOUR word in my mouth.

Change your words and what you meditate on to be pleasing in HIS sight. That is what matters.
~Kris

2 comments:

  1. Needed this!!!! Thank you! Sometimes it is so hard, and you are right I find myself running to people and saying negative things that are not right. So I thank you for allowing God to use you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe it or not, it was ministering to me while I was writing it. Then I had to reflect on it not too long ago to get through a troubling moment.

      Delete

I love your feedback. Your testimony, comment or suggestion could always help the next person. LOVE.